Trip to Seamount’s production of Grease where the children saw past pupils of New Quay in action!
Tours – June 2017
The Junior room tour visited Loughwell Farm Park near Moycullen. They fed and cuddled animals like potbellied pigs; miniature ponies; sheep; goats; rabbits and chickens. The children also played in the super indoor play area which included an indoor construction area and an indoor car track.
The Senior room tour visited Craggaunowen and the Atlantic Air Venture in Shannon. In Craggaunowen they saw how our ancestors lived back in the Bronze Age period and adapted to change. The children also heard more about St. Brendan’s voyage and were very interested in Tim Severins boat. There were some interesting flights made by the children in the flight simulators as they pretended to land planes in New York City! The Aviation Centre was of great interest also.
The Senior room also had an activity day provided by the Burren Outdoor Education Centre and thoroughly enjoyed an afternoon of Kayaking.
Áine Bird from BurrenBeo taught a course called Áitbeo and in June they went on a Fieldtrip with Áine. A walk on Abbey Hill focused on the geology, nature and history of the Holy Well on the Green Road. Corcomroe Abbey and Cahermore Fort were also explored. Debate and discussion was very much encouraged during this course.
Friday 11 December 2015
The Senior Room on History tour to remember the 1916 Rising in Dublin.
- All classes travelled to Baboró festival in Galway in October.
- In November 3rd class to 6th class travelled to Glor, Ennis to perform.
- In June the Junior classes visited Turoe pet Farm
- In June the senior classes took part in an outdoor activity afternoon (including surfing) given by the Burren Outdoor Education Centre.
- June -Senior classes school tour
- 3rd to 6th class tour to Dublin (11 Dec) with 1916 theme.
- 3rd class to 6th class travelled to King Johns Castle, Limerick & to Limerick Printmakers Studio where they designed their own print
- 3rd to 6th class went to the Burren Outdoor Education Centre for a half- day of activities
- Juniors infants to 2nd class went to the Galway Aquarium & to Renvyle Park
- 3rd class to 6th class – to Lahinch surf school and cliff cruise
- Juniors infants to 2nd class – to the Burren Nature Sanctuary
- 3rd to 6th class – the Burren Outdoor Education Centre where they went rock climbing and participated in a quiz about the Burren
Limerick printmakers studio, June 2015